Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Mystic Series"

So I finished this series today and did thoroughly enjoy them. I don't know why I love reading about things set in the past? I just find them so interesting and these books went right along with this love of mine. To recommend on not? hmmm. I'll leave that up to you with warnings of "mating" through out all the books, violence, swearing (I found the author started to write these near the end of the second book and through out the third), and heart pounding terror and sadness along with peace, happiness, love and understanding.


I have 2 books lying in wait ready for me to pick up; Twilight by Stephanie Myers, and Ordinary Heroes by Scott Turow. I'll start tomorrow as I did nothing today but read so I have lots to catch up on. Happy reading!

4 comments:

Krista said...

I love it when people refer to "the act" in terms such as "mating". Then again, I think I have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy. All those terms still make me snicker. There is possibly something seriously wrong with me ;)

I hope you liked Ordinary Heros as much as I did!

Kourtney said...

Twilight is the most amazing book and series!! I absolutely love them, own them and have read all three at least 3 times. The forth comes out in August and I can't wait. You will love it, and won't be able to put it down!

The Spencers said...

I also love reading (I'll read just about anything!). I'm going to go read your Mystic series. Sounds really interesting. I read the "Twilight" series and really liked them. I couldn't put them down. It was a totally different read but good! Happy reading!!

Dawn said...

I love the Twilight books. Theuy are a strange mix of adult and teen that is really compelling. Enjoy! ps. there is no 'mating'...they barely manage to kiss;-)