Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Got....

...into see my DR. and was told I most likely have strep, he did a swab but put me on an antibiotic before even getting the results. I must say 5 hours after taking the first pill I am feeling better. I really can't afford to be sick this week and especially this weekend as on Saturday we have a Primary Presentation practice and Smartie Party and then on Sunday the actual Presentation.

It was sucky enough to be sick on this day October 14th as it is Laina's Birthday. Yup my my little Laina is now 7 years old. This year we are still going with the Mom and Dad date with the birthday girl and 1 friend. Because I am not up to par, we told Laina we would take her out on the 24th, when High School Musical 3 comes out. She is right excited! So today she opened her gifts from us and she picked what we had for lunch and supper, grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and Mac and cheese with veggies, dip and grape koolaid for supper.

Pacey got her an idog carrier, Nevee gave her a High School Musical wallet and lip balm and Kirk and I got her an ipod shuffle.
I did get enough energy to make some cupcakes with these Fun Shapes from Reynolds.



These are the our creations and Laina blowing out her Birthday Candles.

Happy Birthday My Little Laina Lou!

3 comments:

Krista said...

I am cherishing this time when a favorite meal is mac and cheese ... So simply, so cheap ;)
Glad to hear you're already feeling better!

The Spencers said...

Glad to hear your feeling better. We also made a quick trip to the doctors in Raymond yesterday and Abbi had strep throat too. She was so miserable but is feeling much better now. The birthday cupcakes are so cute! Have a good week.

Angie said...

Sorry to hear that you are sick. YUCK! It is hard to be sick when you are a mom, cause you have to keep going. Hang in there.