Monday, June 4, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

That's what I've been for the past few weeks. Running to end of school activities with the kids and being outside in all this HOT weather, trying to spruce up my yard and oh the mowing. With all the rain and heat my grass has been thriving wildly, along with the weeds.

Many of you have been wondering how I've been doing on the Get Healthy and Lose Weight thing, I feel like I'm on track, 80% of the time. I have made it to the gym a few times but with me being cheap I don't tend to go if I have to pay a babysitter so if my mother in law or Kirk aren't around I don't go. I do get out and do extra work like vacuuming a lady's house for 1 hour, have you done it? I'm sweating and a little out of breath when I'm done. I have been riding my bike every Tues to YW's and doing some core exercises at home.

As for eating I try to eat 6 small meals a day which helps me binge less and I choose fruit and veggies and low cal snacks. I have totally cut back on pop, I have one about every week now so that's great! My weight hasn't changed but a pair of shorts I couldn't wear last year I can wear now so that makes me happy. I know I could be losing weight faster if I would just splurge and pay a babysitter but since Kirk and I just got new furniture I just can't justify it so I do what I can with the kids.

On another note I just have to say how proud and in awe I am at Pacey. She ran the endurance run last thrusday which is once around the football field track. She's not much of an athlete but she was willing to try it and she did. At the first bend she went to go to the insiade lane and somehow she tripped and fell. Now I can totally see this going in the way of; crying uncontrollaby, and not finishing. However she got up and picked up her hat and off she went to catch up the 15 feet she was now behind everyone. Her long legs made it look effortless as she came in 5th out of 11 girls. Oh how pround I am!! I will post pics of the war wounds, ashfault is not forgiving! And if she will give me permission I'll see if I can upload the video I took of it.

1 comment:

Krista said...

That is so awesome - for both you and Pacey. You, because you are *mostly* staying on track. 80% of the time is quite a feat! You know, you could also justify getting a babysitter while you work out by thinking if you can afford new furniture, you can certainly afford to get a babysitter ;)
For Pacey - that is SO brave! I for sure would have been the one to sit down and cry out of humiliation and pain if I tripped on ashfault! in the middle of a race! Poor babe. Good for her, coming in 5th after tripping, that's tremendous!