Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween

So this year Halloween was a bit different, there was NO snow and Daylight Savings is now after Oct. 31st so it doesn't get dark until 6:45pm or so. Although there was a bit of a breeze it was one of the warmest Halloween's ever, here in Southern Alberta.

Here we are for FHE carving one of the pumpkins we grew in our garden.
Finished product!
Spooky!
While we were at it we played around with other ideas of decorating pumpkins.
Nevee thought these guys were great fun!

Pacey is the Class Rep for her class and suggested at her first student counsel meeting to have a pumpkin carving/decorating contest. This is what she submitted for it.

She came up with the idea and went to town on it. She even painted it with nail polish! All the contestants received a coupon for a free Slurpee at Town Pump here in Raymond.

Laina wanted to be an Angel this year and she was!

Pacey also chose to be an Angel! I was thrilled to find the Halo's and wings at the $ store, even though they were more than $1. Halo $2 each, Wings $3 each

Okay, so I thought since Pacey and Laina were Angels chances were that Nevee would want to be like them so I bought an extra set of wings and halo just in case. But I soon found out that Nevee really isn't into "dressing" up for these occasions and every time I asked what she wanted to be for Halloween she said "I want to be a Mommy, with a baby." And so she was, a Mommy with a baby.


So Laina and Pacey had a class parties for Halloween. Certain parents were assigned to bring food for Laina's I was not one of them. But for Pacey's all children were asked to bring a "healthy" snack to share with everyone. Ya healthy on Halloween?!? I do get it though, smart teacher for asking that, as the kids would be on a sugar high for who knows how many days!?! So I searched the Internet for a Halloween fun healthy treat/snack and this site had some great ideas and this is the one I chose to do. Bat and Ghost Chips! It was easy and fun. I think I'll do this for Christmas with red and green tortilla's using Christmas trees and Candy Cane Cookie cutters or something like that. I think I'll also try sprinkling them with cinnamon/sugar for a sweet treat.

All in all it was a great Halloween, the girls called it quits after only being out for maybe 1 hour. I couldn't believe it, it was so nice out but they thought it was funner to give out the treats. Oh well it's over and now thoughts of Christmas are creeping in. Yes, I said it and I have to say I am looking forward to playing Christmas music and putting up the tree. I love the lights and baking. I know this was a BIG post but I had lots to share and show. Have a great week!


No comments: